I'm in the midst of edits and after reading through the manuscript four times Tuesday, things did not go as well on Wednesday. I love the story and I love the tweaks, but I've been up close and personal with it for too long. The wonderful editor suggestions are starting to feel like hurdles to jump rather than the guideposts they're meant to be. I got through the first chapter tonight and it was time to step back. Now I consider what happened next to be a bit of rejuvenation, but I can see how it may look like procrastination to others. Either way, here are the 13 Things I Did Instead of Edits.
1. Watch Supernatural fanvids on YouTube.
2. Search for music on Spotify.
3. Read the political page of the Huffington Post.
4. Read the Black Voices page of the Huffington Post.
5. Read the Gay Voices page of the Huffington Post.
6. Spent hours on Tumblr...
7. Where I learned how to give Black Barbie natural hair among other things.
8. Spent 90 minutes on the coorelation between misogyny, homophobia and transphobia.
9. Took notes on a cyberpunk idea that won't leave me alone.
10. Played with my hula hoops.
11. Danced to my playlist instead of writing to it.
12. Shopped for custom sex toys for a giveaway. (Because that's how good I am to my readers)
13. Messed with my worpress blog and still posted at LJ instead.