Happy September! Today I'm focused on all of the things I need to get done during this brand new shiny month. Due to the long illness of August, I'm far behind, so I might share the second part of the list next week as well. For now here are 13 Things to Do in September.
1. Finish Saint Valentine ~ Originally I wanted a chance to get this out and into the world for Christmas, but as I wrote I realized it was more properly set around Valentine's Day. I wanted to send it in by the September 5th deadline, but I was too run down the last three weeks. Instead I'm aiming for September 15th and will pitch it as a single title.
2. Revise BloodSprite ~ I have two separate publishers interested in two different revisions, so I had to put this off until I could dedicate my full attention and energy and this month will be part of that.
3. Revise Ronin StillSkin ~ This is only hours from being done. I just need to do a readthru and send it out the door.
4. Schedule the next 18 months ~ Yes, I do my writing schedules 18 months in advance. It helps me to prioritize plot bunnies so everything can get its moment in the sun.
5. Get Well ~ I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired. I can't magically cure the CFS, but I finally have enough energy to do the work that will get me back to median. I've been able to ride the stationary bike a bit and I just want to increase that bit by bit until I build back enough strength and stamina that I can push through the exhaustion like I used to.
6. Settle the Job Question ~ Perhaps I can't control who will call in this economy, but I can change my mindset and narrow the field to those jobs that would be a benefit to our situation rather than cast so widely that I end up facing something that could be a detriment.
7. Settle the bills ~ Let's leave that as is.
8. Prioritze my obligations ~ I took on quite a few things in July and there are still a few things sneaking up for more of my attention. I like all of the things I'm a part of, and I'm excited about my release in October and the inevitable uptick in obligations. That said, I need to figure out which ones are mandatory and which are negotiable. Some weekly appearances may need to become bi-monthly.
9. Volunteer ~ I don't know where, how often, or even how practical this is, but I want to do it.
10. Network ~ I think I've done well with this, but I have several things I want more information and insight on, and I want it from the personal experiences of people, so I need to find more people to share content.
11. Choose my promo ~ This ties into prioritizing my obligations. I need to choose specific promotional options for my next release that can be done around any lingering illness and any change in schedule brought on by working outside the home.
12. Sleep ~ It may not always be restorative, but it needs to be there regardless and it's been slipping away. I've got to fight my way back to it, even if it means meds for a few weeks. Sigh.
13. Experience a windfall ~ This solves so many things that it deserves to be on every list. Wish me luck! *grin*
Other Thursday Thirteeners